Monday, February 22, 2010

A Better Lifestyle

We live in a world where a lot of people want results without the hard work and time. Everyone has dreams and aspirations but the problem is that a majority of these people aren't dedicated enough. They have the goal and they really want the results but become lazy and slack off because of a lack of self discipline. I myself have always had my brothers and friends pushing me and challenging me which has established this mentality that I need to keep making progress and never settle with where I am.

If we could just walk through life without struggles and hard work then we would be in Heaven! But the fact is we are still here living our lives on earth for the time being so why not make the best of it and live a healthy active lifestyle! I know that when I have kids I want to be interactive with them and able to go outside and play some sports or games. I want to be active as long as I can! We weren't given this life to just sit around and do nothing! We are meant to be active, happy, and confident in ourselves!

I'm not saying that everyone needs to be a gym rat but I'm encouraging an active, fun, healthy lifestyle. Just because you've grown up doesn't mean you have to miss out on physical activity and work all the time! Even if your working 8 hours a day you can still go to the gym right after work or early before! Even if you can't make it to the gym you can still go for a run in your neighborhood, workout at home, shoot some hoops or something!

It's also important to find one or a few of these activities that you enjoy doing. If you don't enjoy it it becomes in a sense more like work! But when you find a physical activity that you enjoy engaging in that's where you find success because you look forward to that activity, you have fun doing it, and the thought of it being hard work is no longer a fact but what is a fact to you is that it's fun!

So I really encourage everyone to find some form of physical activity that you enjoy! It could be shooting hoops, running, bicycling, going for a walk, even swimming is a good exercise! Make a list of some physical activities you enjoy and start engaging in fun, healthy, physical activities on a daily basis. It's simple, it increases your happiness, it helps you stay fit, and you have fun doing it! So what are you waiting for! Make a list of activities you enjoy and start living an active lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment